1. As we know, _____of us likes pollution.
A. no one B. none
C. someone D. nothing
2. I got up late this morning, _____, I missed the chance of the interview.
A. as a result B. by the way
C. in the beginning D. as a matter of fact
3. —Mike, where’s today’s newspaper?
—Well, you don’t need to read it because there is _____in it.
A. something interesting
B. nothing special
C. important thing
D. anything new
4. Trees are very important to our environment. They can _____ wind from blowing the earth away.
A. kept B. put C. take D. stop
5. The story _____ three years ago.
A. started B. took C. took place D. began
6. When the player finished running, he was out of _____.
A. breathe B. breathing
C. breath D. the breath
7. —Lily, _____ you _____ your ticket?
A. did; find B. have; found
C. has; found D. do; find
8. Xiao Li had an accident yesterday _____ he is in No. 1 People’s Hospital now.
A. but B. and C. or D. since
9. You’d better speak aloud ______ we can hear you.
A. so that B. as…as C. as if D. since
10. —Have you ever _____ Mudanjiang to see the Jingbo Lake?
—Yes, I have.
A. went to B. gone to
C. been in D. been to
11. _____is watching TV. Let’s turn it off.
A. Somebody B. Anybody
C. Everybody D. Nobody
12. When we went into the park, we saw someone _____ Chinese Kungfu.
A. plays B. played C. to play D. playing
13. _____he is very tired, _____he still goes on working.
A. Although, but B. But, although
C. Although, / D. But, /
14. Our country _____ progress in science and culture in recent years.
A. made such B. has made such
C. made so D. has made so
15. —We really shouldn’t use plastic bags any more when shopping.
—_____ It’s important to protect our environment.
A. So do I. B. With pleasure.
C. That’s OK. D. So it is.
A: Hi, Zhou Qiang. Haven’t seen you for too long! 16
B: I’ve just been to the Three Gorges (三峡).
A: Really? 17
B: Right. As you know, we’ve built a great dam (坝) across the Changjiang River.
B: Yes, the dam is stopping water these days. And the water is rising 2 meters every day until it is 135 meters high.
A: Oh, no wonder it’s said the beautiful scenery (风景) of Kuimen will be under water. What a pity!
B: 19 It has been copied in another place with some other places of interest.
A: Great! I want to go to the Three Gorges this summer. Would you like to go there with me again?
B: I’d love to! 20
A: Where have you been? I called you. But 21 answered.
B: I’ve 22 to a paper factory.
A: What did you do there?
B: I found this factory 23 dirty water to the river nearby. The river has become very dirty and many fish have been 24 .
A: That’s terrible.
B: Do you think Green China can do 25 ?
A: Yes, of course. We can write a story about it to a newspaper.
B: Good idea!
I can’t remember when I started collecting litter. But it was when I got tired of 26 litter nearby that I realized no one else was going to pick it up.
I live near a forest in Ohio, America. I can walk there 27 three minutes. I used to love going there to play with my dog. But one day there was 28 much litter there that I became very unhappy. I decided to clean up the forest, and I wanted to 29 happy when I went there again. I made my first trip to clean the forest that afternoon. I took a big black rubbish bag with me. Ten minutes 30 I started to pick up litter, my bag was full! There were cans, bottles, broken glass and newspapers in it.
From then on, I 31 to the forest four times a year to pick up litter. I often stay there for three hours. It makes me feel 32 to do something for the environment. After each trip, I look through all the litter that I’ve collected. If 33 of it is recyclable (可回收利用的), I’ll keep it. I can’t understand why people drop litter. But I will keep on picking it up 34 they stop dropping it. I know I am only doing a small bit 35 the earth, but I still think it is important.
Want to know what we can do to help make our city a better place to live in? Why not take part in “Clean & Green weekend”? Join us, and you can make new friends and help protect the environment at the same time.
Do you like hanging out in the park with your friends? If so, why not take the chance to come with us and tidy up the park as you go? To add some fun, there is a gift for the person who collects the most rubbish! Meet us at the south entrance to Taohe Park at 9 a. m. next Saturday if you want to join in.
The Air You Breathe
A great way to make the air we breathe cleaner is by planting lots of trees! It is a fact that trees slowly filter(过滤) a lot of pollutants from the air. So come and help us plant some new ones in Fenhe Park at 2 p. m. next Sunday.
War on Graffiti(涂鸦)
Some people think graffiti is cool. Well, it is not! The best way to stop buildings from becoming totally covered in ugly graffiti is to get rid of it as soon as possible. And that is exactly what we are going to do. We are repainting the school walls from 1 p. m. on Saturday. You don’t have to bring any tools, just remember to wear some old clothes!
36. The main purpose of “Clean & Green Weekend” is to .
A. make our city more beautiful
B. offer the chance to have fun
C. help students meet old friends
D. have a nice weekend
37. The students who want to join in the rubbish collecting activity must meet .
A. at 1 p. m. on Saturday
B. at 2 p. m. next Sunday
C. at 9 a. m. next Saturday
D. at 3 a. m. on Sunday
38. If we’re going to repaint the school walls, we need to .
A. draw pictures well
B. wear some old clothes
C. bring some tools with us
D. wear some new clothes
39. According to the passage, we know
A. graffiti can make the buildings look cool．
B. the person who collects rubbish can get a gift．
C. we can plant trees to improve the environment．
D. we can draw pictures on the wall.
40. We might read the above passage
A. in a fashion magazine．
B. on a school notice board．
C. in a newspaper advertisement．
D. on a hospital notice board.
A kind of little cars may take the place of today’s big ones many years later. If everyone drives such cars in the future, there will be less pollution in the air. There will also be more space for parking in cities, and the streets will be less crowded.
The little cars of the future will cost less. Driving will be safer, too, since these little cars can go only 65 kilometers an hour. The cars of the future will be fine for going around a city, but they will not be useful for a long way. Little cars will go 450 kilometers before they need to stop for more gasoline (汽油). If big cars are still used with the small ones, two kinds of roads will be needed in the future. Some roads will be needed for the big, faster cars and other roads will be needed for the small, slower ones.
41. There is much pollution in the air today because _____.
A. people drive big cars
B. people drive little cars
C. small cars will go 450 kilometers before they need to stop for more gasoline
D. the usual size of cars today is too small
42. The usual size of cars today is _____.
A. much smaller than the future one
B. as big as the future ones
C. as small as the future ones
D. bigger than the future ones
43. Which of the following statements (陈述) is NOT true?
A. Big cars cost more.
B. Big cars are not useful for a long way.
C. The cars of the future will be smaller than today’s cars.
D. Small cars are slower than big ones.
44. The streets will be less crowded because _____.
A. there will be fewer cars in the future
B. there will be fewer people in the streets
C. three kinds of roads will be built
D. future cars will be smaller
45. Two kinds of roads will be needed in the future because _____.
A. there will be too many cars in the future
B. more and more people will go to cities
C. big cars run faster and little cars run slower
D. it looks more beautiful to have two kinds of roads
The students were having their chemistry class. Miss Li was telling the children what water was like. After that, she asked her students, “What’s water?” No one spoke for a few minutes. Miss Li asked again, “Why don’t you answer my question? Didn’t I tell you what water is like?”
Just then a boy put up his hand and said, “Miss Li, you told us that water has no color and no smell. But where to find such kind of water? The water in the river behind my house is always black and it has bad smell. ”Most of the children agreed with him.
“I’m sorry, children.” said the teacher, “Our water is getting dirtier and dirtier. That’s a serious problem. ”
46. Did the teacher tell the students what water is like?
47. What did the teacher tell the students water is like in chemistry class?
48. Why does the water in the river have color and smell?
49. Do you think the boy who answered the teacher’s question is stupid?
50. What did other students think of the boy?
Ⅴ. 词语运用 用方框中所给词的适当形式填空。(每空一词，每词限用一次)
Many people use stoves to keep their homes warm. Scientists are becoming worried because most homes burn coal to keep warm and the smoke from these houses is 51 air pollution. There are many 52 things in the smoke. Smoke is mainly made up of a kind of tiny(微小的) little black thing called soot(煤烟). Too much soot will be 53 for both people and environment. Factories 54 most smoke and soot, but the government thinks that all types of burning should be cut down. Home 55 may have to build new stoves in order to follow the new law, or they won’t be able to keep warm in cold days.
________ the heavy rain kept ________ down, the soldiers didn’t ________ ________ their training.
One of the greatest problems of the world today is that the world’s ________ is growing ________ and ________.
We haven’t ________ each other ________ a long time.
Chemicals are ________ ________ the environment.
________ it stops raining, I’ll go fishing with you.
6. In the past ten years, great changes__________in my hometown.
7. —What sports do you like?
—I like playing basketball, playing table tennis, playing football, running __________.
8. Li Hong studies English harder than before. __________, she has a good mark.
9. We can__________plastic bags when we go shopping.
10. The grandchild __________his head to show his agreement to his grandpa.
11. The Smiths have lived in the country for five years. (对画线部分提问)
_____ _____ _____ the Smiths lived in the country?
12. We should’t throw rubbish everywhere. (同义句转换)
We shouldn’t throw rubbish _____ and _____.
13. The population of India is 1. 1billion. (对画线部分提问)
_____ _____ the population of India?
14. This shop opened three days ago. (同义句转换)
This shop _____ _____ _____ for three days.
_____ speak louder than _____.
动物是人类的朋友，人类却从未停止对它们的猎杀，请以How to Protect the Animals为题写一篇80词左右的短文。
1. B none of us意为“我们当中一个也没有”；no one意为“没有人”，后面不能跟of短语；someone意为“有人”，不符合题意；nothing意为“没有东西，没有事情”。不能指人。故选B。
2. A as a result意为“结果”；by the way意为“顺便问一下”；in the beginning意为“开始”；as a result of the fact意为“事实上”。句意为“今天早上我起床晚了，结果我错过了这次采访的机会。”故选A。
3. B 考查不定代词的用法。形容词用在不定代词之后，句意为“……因为没有特殊的东西。”故选B。
4. D stop sb. /sth. from doing sth.意为“阻止某人/某物做某事”。故选D。
5. C took place意为“发生”的含义。故选C。
6. C out of breath意为“上气不接下气”。breath是名词意为“呼吸，气息”；breathe是动词意为“呼吸”。故选C。
7. B 答语“Not yet”意为“还没有”，一般用于现在完成时。故选B。
8. B and在该句中表顺承关系。故选B。
9. A 考查so that引导目的状语从句的用法。故选A。
10. D have been to曾经去过某地(已经返回)；have gone to去了某地(没返回)；have been in住在某地多久了。答语意为“是的，去过”。故选D。
11. D somebody意为“有人”；anybody意为“任何人”；everybody意为“每个人”；nobody意为“没有人”，根据句意可知没有人看电视。故选D。
12. D 动词see常接不带to的动词不定式或现在分词作宾语补足语，即see sb. do sth.表示经常性动作和看到动作的全过程，see sb. doing sth.看到某人正在做某事。故选D。
13. C Although和but不能连用，表示“虽然……但是”，要么用although，要么用……，but。故选C。
14. B 句中有in recent years表示一段时间的短语，用现在完成时。such后接名词，而so后接形容词和副词。故选B。
15. D So do I是so+be/助动词/情态动词+主语的用法，表达“A如此，B也如此”的概 念，而So it is是so+主语+be/助动词/情态动词的用法，表示同意前者的看法。题意是属于第二种情况。故选D。
(B)21. nobody 22. been 23. pouring
24. dead 25. something
26. A see意为“看到”；throw意为“扔”；drop意为“丢下”；clean意为“弄干净”，句意为“……看见到处有垃圾……”。故选A。
27. D 本句的句意为“我能在三分钟内走到那儿。”in three minutes意为“三分钟内”。故选D。
28. C 考查so...that...结构，意为“如此……以至于……”。本句句意：但是有一天，这儿有那么多的垃圾，让我很不高兴。故选C。
29. B 考查系动词+形容词。feel happy意为“感到高兴”。故选B。
30. A 根据上下文可知，句意为“在我开始捡垃圾十分钟后，我的袋子就装满了。”
31. C 由four times a year意为“一年四次”，表示频度，可看出此处时态为一般现在时。故选C。
32. D 从全文来看，作者为了保护环境而去捡垃圾，这件事不是让我感到累、难过或有趣，而是一种责任和成就感。故选 D。
33. C any在此处意为“任一”，本句含义是“如果垃圾中有任何能够回收再利用的，我都把它留下来。”A、B两项均修饰可数名词而litter是不可数名词，D项不符合题意。故选C。
34. A until后跟短暂性动词，意为“直到……才……”，从题意来看只有A项符合。故选A。
35. B 根据题意“我只是做了一点事去帮助地球”，此处是用不定式短语来作补语。故选B。
36. A 短文开头“Want to know...to live in?”意为“想知道做什么可以让我们的城市更适宜居住吗？”故选A。
37. C 第一则通知中“Meet us at the...to join in.”意为“如果你想加入请于下周早上9点在陶河公园南入口处集合”。故选C。
38. B 根据第三则通知可知“要记得穿上旧衣服”。故选B。
39. C 根据第三则通知可知“树木可以过滤来自空气的污染物”。故选C。
40. B 根据全文的主旨大意，各项活动的对象均为学生，与学校关系最密切。故选B。
41. A 车辆排放的废气导致空气污染已成为一个严峻的问题。由第一段可知，这些空气污染的原因是人们使用大型汽车。
42. D 由第一段第一句即可判断。
43. B 未来的小型车不适用于远程行驶，而不是大型车。
44. D 由第一段最后一句即可判断。
45. C 综合全文分析，选C。
46. Yes, she did.
47. Water has no color and no smell.
48. Because the water is getting dirtier and dirtier.
49. No, I don’t think so.
50. They agreed with him.
1. Although, pouring, give up
2. population, faster, faster
3. seen, for
4. harmful to /bad for
6. have taken place 7. and so on
8. As a result 9. reuse 10. nodded
11. How long have 12. here; there
13. What is 14. has been open
15. Actions, words
How to Protect the Animals
Animals are our friends, but human beings often kill them for meat, fur and money. What should we do to protect them?
Our government has done something to protect animals, such as passing laws and setting up some nature reserves (自然保护区). Under the laws, we mustn’t hunt or kill these animals or destroy their living conditions. On the other hand, we shouldn’t eat wild animals. Keep them away from our dinner. There will not be wild animals on sale. I think the hunters and killers will become fewer and fewer. Last, we shouldn’t pollute our environment so that animals can have a good living environment. We should stop people from cutting trees down. Without trees, wild animals will lose their home. And we’ll lose our animal friends. All of us should do our best to protect animals.